We are big fans of the Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ platforms here at Team ERS. It’s no secret that they are extremely capable cars on the street and on the track.
We are even bigger fans of the factory upgraded models such as this Subaru BRZ tS or “Tuned by STi” edition which comes with factory upgrades including brembo brake calipers, STI-tuned front and rear SACHS dampers and springs, a STi flexible strut tower brace and a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres.
Our focus and goal for this customer was meeting his requirements and fulfilling his performance goals providing more power and we did just that with the well proven Sydney Motorsport Engineering a.k.a. SME turbo kit.
The SME Turbo Kit comes complete with the following parts:
- Arashi KURO GTX2867R GEN II Ball Bearing Turbo;
- Aluminium High Volume Performance Sump;
- SME 4-1 Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold with V-Band flange;
- SME Black Front Mount Intercooler;
- SME Equal Length Headers;
- SME Overpipe;
- SME Front Pipe;
- SME Silicon Intake Pipe with K&N Air Filter;
- Turbosmart Kompact Blow Off Valve.
Additionally, we supplied:
- Upgrade to 2017 WRX STi clutch with throwout bearing and fork;
- Complete Nulon 10w-40 Engine Oil Flush; and
- Complete Nulon Blue Coolant Flush.
In-house professional installation by our experienced mechanics takes only a matter of days and as always all mechanical work done by Team ERS is backed with warranty.
With everything installed, we arranged for the car to be tuned. With the SME Turbo Kit, the FA20 made 240kw at the wheels on E85 at 10psi of boost, a huge gain and DOUBLE the 120kw produced at the wheels from the factory.
The SME Turbo Kit installed by Team ERS has transformed the way BRZ drives by improving on the one area in which it lacked, all whilst maintaining the stock stealthy look from the outside and turning this BRZ tS edition into a car befitting the STi badge.